Daggerwing Group – Omnicom’s global change management consulting firm, rated in the Top 10 in the world in its category – is seeking an Associate Principal for Global and North American clients, with a base in the Toronto office. This role will be heavily focused in driving modern marketing transformation and customer-centric transformation for Fortune 500-level clients.
As an Associate Principal (a VP level position), you will be focused on three areas:
- Driving end-to-end excellence – from needs assessment to strategy to implementation support – for projects primarily focused on data-driven marketing, digital and customer-centric transformations
- Guiding, empowering and supporting employees so that they love the career-building benefits of working at Daggerwing.
- Helping to grow the business – with existing and new regional clients.
You will report to a member of Daggerwing Group’s Senior Leadership Team in North America. You will also be part of a Global Leadership Team that you can tap into for ideas and support – including leveraging creative and consulting resources from different Daggerwing Group offices around the world.
At Daggerwing Group, we believe that that speed of client growth is based on the speed of employee and customer behavior change. That’s why we accelerate growth by changing behavior, fast. Our consulting practice focuses on the human side of business transformations – heavily leveraging organizational psychology, human centered design and creativity. As part of Omnicom, we have strong relationships with Omnicom advertising, digital, CRM and brand agencies, which serve as a strong source of referrals. Relationship building with agency contacts will be a key part of this role.
What will you be doing?
Managing delivery for clients – and delivery of results for Daggerwing
- Applying your knowledge of helping organizations pivot to more modern, data-driven marketing/digital practices – which may involve creating and helping to implement plans to impact mindsets and behavior that require changes to client culture, processes, organizational structures, skill development and tools.
- Developing strategies/methods to help clients put customers at the center of planning and decision-making – helping clients to better understand and apply customer insights as part of culture, organization and process changes.
- Leading, managing and/or overseeing projects from concept to implementation, including leading team members in the development of SOWs, project plans and budgets for both new and current clients – taking into consideration client business needs and staffing/pricing approaches that ensure Daggerwing Group meets or exceeds revenue targets.
- Learning about – and staying on top of – Daggerwing Group’s most effective methods of using creativity, innovation and human-centred thinking to drive meaningful change that sticks in an organization.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients so that there can be trust and honesty in the relationship – in ways that build client loyalty and longevity, because they believe Daggerwing Group always has their best interests at heart.
- Providing hands-on support and oversight for client projects, to ensure they are on track, on time and on budget from both a client and Daggerwing Group business perspective – with an emphasis on managing all projects to ensure Daggerwing meets monthly/quarterly finance projections.
- Leading and/or facilitating the collaboration of multiple stakeholders (different departments in a client organization, agencies, other consulting firms) on large-scale client engagements, keeping all teams on track to meet client goals.
- Ensuring that your team members have the information, resources and encouragement they need to deliver work at the level expected by a global Top 10 rated consulting firm. This can include helping to ensure the team is ideating and collaborating with each other and members from other offices.
- Continually look for ways to improve process and capabilities to deliver better work, faster.
Strengthening the experience for our Employees
- Providing hands-on coaching continuously so that employees are always learning – but at the same time ensuring that employees feel confident in trying new things, taking appropriate risks and learning new skills.
- Working with employees to ensure that they have a learning and development plan that helps them grow and aligns with employee’s personal goals and the ambitions of Daggerwing Group.
- Working with other members of the Global and Executive leadership teams and HR to identify and support talent needs.
- Working with other Global Leadership Team members on initiatives to enhance our company culture and employee engagement.
Growing the business
- Working with current clients to understand their business challenges - and then providing them with recommendations that address their challenges and opportunities.
- Contributing your expertise to the process of creating new business pitches and presentations.
- Tapping into and growing your own business network as a source of potential new business.
- Building and strengthening relationships with stakeholders at Omnicom agencies, to encourage them to bring Daggerwing Group into new business pitches and to help current clients with internal problems.
- Contributing to Daggerwing Group’s thought leadership platforms and contributing – as a member of the Global Leadership Team – ideas on ways to expand our expertise and solutions, stand out as competitors and grow our reputation.