Daggerwing Health is seeking an Account Director with a background in pharmaceutical consumer marketing to join our dynamic team in New York. As a collaborative member of our team, you’ll be the key account team leader and client relationship lead for all account activity ranging from campaign development, print, digital, social, and mobile, to CRM and physician in-office initiatives. The ideal candidate will be passionate about healthcare, dedicated to providing exceptional client service, and have considerable experience in leading a team and mentoring account staff. A superior track record of managing creative and tactical projects within the highly structured and regulated environment of prescription drug marketing to consumers is required. The ideal candidate has solid experience launching pharmaceutical brands.
This position is based in New York and will require local client related travel.
The focus for this role includes:
1. Continually strengthen the agency’s relationship and reputation with key assigned clients, based on understanding and delivering against specific needs and expectations, as well as bringing innovative thinking to their brands to solve marketing needs
2. Mentor and strengthen the skills, efficiency, experience level and workplace satisfaction of the account teams, to the benefit of the clients, the agency and the individuals on the account team
3. Build strong relationships with the entire agency team (creative, project management, etc.) for excellent communication and team chemistry, as well as client agency partners.
• Build and maintain positive relationships across key client accounts for planning and delivery with clients, other agency partners, and media/vendor partners
• Lead/collaborate in the development of strategic POVs and presentations
• Develop skills/experiences of team members to increase their knowledge and ability to add value to the agency and clients
• Demonstrate proactive thinking by anticipating client needs
• Partner with agency strategy and creative teams to ensure pull-through of client strategies; lead in ensuring best quality for project and creative briefs
• Oversee active projects to ensure agency best practices/processes are being followed and client satisfaction is high - including account team oversight of managing status updates, production timelines, contact reports and scope/budget changes
• Maintain a complete working knowledge of assigned disease state categories and product/franchise goals
• Accurately forecast business projections and staffing requirements
• Learn and master all proprietary systems, workflows, and processes related to day-today account management
• Participate in business development efforts as needed
• Bachelor degree from an accredited 4-year college/ university in advertising, marketing, communications, psychology, public health or similar area; master’s degree a plus
• 10+ years consumer healthcare agency experience, working with highly regulated brands/categories
• Recent consumer Rx launch experience, diabetes brands a plus
• Experience in healthcare consumer advertising with strong emphasis on digital multi-channel marketing (campaign development, digital, print, video and OPDP submissions)
• Previous training and experience working with the systems/processes associated with regulatory/med/legal approval for pharma clients
• Proven ability to manage complex schedules and priorities, timelines and budgets
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
• Proven ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with clients, agency team members and external partners
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
• Comprehensive, strategic, and systematic thinker
The successful candidate will receive an industry-competitive compensation package that consists of base salary, eligibility to participate in the Daggerwing Group bonus pool, a flexible benefit plan including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program,
appropriate vacation time and ability to participate in the employee stock purchase plan.